Intellectual property (IP) is a generic name for related rights of non-tangible or non-corporeal objects, that are a product of a man’s intellect. Legal arrangements starting with common law courts rulings, continued with anchoring laws, determine the ownership object in each of the IP branches, the terms of their protection, the extent of the rights, exceptions, different remedies, enforcement and procedural matters.
In Israeli Law IP assets are divided in two:
- Registered rights
- Unregistered rights
The registered rights are:
- Patent – the invention of a product or a process that is new, beneficial and can be used in the industry, that has advancement – and is registered at the registrar of patents. The patent expresses some kind of transaction between the public and the inventor. The inventor reveals his work in return for protection against any exploitation of his invention, for 20 years. Patent laws give the strongest protection.
- Copyright – copyright laws are laws that protect original works (literary, musical, artistic and dramatic). This laws protect the expression of a particular idea rather than the idea itself. The court fills content in terms like – “expression” and “idea” through interpretation.
- A registered design – painting, decoration, ornament, etc. related to a particular product. The registration of the design protects only the esthetic form of the product, it will not protect in functional components.
- Trade mark – a mark used or intended to be used for marking of services/goods/ products (color, numbers, letters, paintings, identifying mark of a product/ brand that differentiates it from others. The protection given the registered trademark is actually protection on the reputation required by that product manufacturer.
The experts in the intellectual property field in our office will give a professional, skilled, unique, special and fast answer to every question, will advise and ensure the preservation of your rights and interests, and when necessary, conduct proceedings in front of the relevant courts, in order to bring the best result for you.
Our office has the tools and resources to advise and give based opinions and if necessary litigate in the courts quickly and professionally. For advice and representation contact our office and you will get a personal escort from the first moment to get the result you want.
Doron Tikotzky Kantor Gutman Cederboum are experienced in managing all aspects of Intellectual Property issues, a trending legal subject worldwide. We will be happy to assist you when needed.
- Israeli Civil Tax
- Israeli Criminal Tax & White Collar Crime
- International Taxation
- Anonymous Voluntary Disclosure for Israelis
- Customs Law & Import/Export
- Securities Law
- Representation Damaged Property Tax Claims
- Israeli & International Trusts
- Civil & Commercial Court Battle Management
- Labor Law
- Torts Law
- Drafting of Agreements & Investments
- Family Law
- Wills & Inheritance
- Maritime Law
- Environmental Law
- Competition (Antitrust) Law & Insurance Law
- Traffic Law
- Specialized Legal Retainer Service to Support Small & Medium Businesses
- Intellectual Property
- Opinions for Various Legal Fields
- Entrepreneurial Representation
- Purchasing & Selling Land
- Urban Renewal
- Plan 38
- Purchasing & Selling Apartments
- NMP 38/1 & NMP 38/2NMP 38/1 & NMP 38/2
- Execution: Enforcement of Obligations – Insolvency & Reorganization
- Execution: Collection Enforcement
- Insolvency Reorganization Law
- Representing Banks Facing Debtors
- Debt Collection
- Bankruptcy Proceedings – Regular
- Bank Claims
- Debt Arrangements for Individuals & Companies