Over the years Doron Tikotzky Kantor Gutman Cederboum encouraged experienced jurists and financial experts to join the Firm, adding a vast store of knowledge. They have been an amazing asset to Doron Tikotzky Kantor Gutman Cederboum‘s dynamic young talent and have filled a vital mentoring role.
These outstanding leaders in the legal and financial fields have added much value and credibility to the Firm’s endeavors, while helping to turn Doron Tikotzky Kantor Gutman Cederboum into a powerhouse that offers a comprehensive range of legal and financial services all “under one roof.”
Giora Amir, Adv., Notary, Author & Counselor
In 2001, the Law Firm Doron Tikotzky Kantor Gutman Cederboum merged with Giora Amir, Advocate and Notary, a foremost tax jurist in Israel. There is a consensus in Israeli legal circles that Giora Amir remains the leading authority, who has authored some of the most important legal books ever published in Israel. His private practice saw over fifty years of experience in Israeli Criminal Tax Code.
Adv. Amir studied Law in Israel after his arrival from Czechoslovakia. Following graduation, he worked for the Israel Tax Authorities, before opening his own legal firm. While advancing in the area of Civil and Penal Tax Law, Giora Amir wrote his book, “Tax Offences and the Prohibition of Money Laundering Law.” Even today, this is the leading text in Israel regarding Criminal Law and Law covering Money Laundering, used by Tax investigators and inspectors working for Israeli Tax Authorities. Five editions of the book have been published, and a sixth edition is about to go to press.
Giora Amir has set countless legal precedents presented to various courts in Israel. In fact, there are numerous verdicts in which the courts accepted Giora’s approach and position, on tax issues that lie at the very heart of Israeli Tax Law today. Mr. Amir won an unprecedented number of verdicts in the Israeli Supreme Court, which paved the way to our current Legal Doctrine.
Azriel Cederboum, Adv.
2011 saw a supplementary merge between the Firm and Adv. Azriel Cederboum, a renowned expert in Banking Law.
Gideon Lehavy, CPA
Before joining Doron Tikotzky Kantor Gutman Cederboum, Mr. Gideon Lehavy was a Partner in the Office of Kesselman and Kesselman, Certified Public Accountants, PWC, and he owns an independent Certified Public Accountants firm.
Teaching & Lecturing
- Previously, Haifa University, Faculty of Economics, 4th Year Accountancy – Course: “Tax Law, and Tax Planning”
- Previously, Haifa University, Faculty of Law, 3rd & 4th Years – Course: “Special Subjects in Tax Law”
- Previously, lecturer at the Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, Faculty of Industrial Engineering and Management, Business Management for Masters Degree – Course: “Introduction to Taxation and Tax Planning“
- Lectures at Conferences and Study Days for Certified Public Accountants, Lawyers, Tax Consultants, Office Workers, etc.
- Past editor of professional circulars at the Office of Kesselman and Kesselman, PWC
- Chairman and Chief Professional Editor, Editorial Board of the Professional Circulars Service for Members of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Israel
- Publication of professional articles
- Chairman and Chief Professional Editor of the Editorial Board of “Yoman Roeh Haheshbon” (Certified Public Accountants’ Diary) – contains 600 pages of professional material
- Book: “The Income Law (Adjustments for Inflation), 1985”
- Book: “Income Tax Law (Taxation in Inflationary Conditions), 1982”
- Current updating (and participation in the original editing team) of “Guide for the Encouragement of Capital Investments Law” on behalf of the Ministry of Industry and Commerce
- Co-Editor of “Mivzak Mas” (Tax Alert) by Doron Tikotzky Kantor Gutman Cederboum Legal Firm
Membership in Associations & Public Service
- Member of the Israeli Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Institute of Central Tax Committee and Subcommittees
- Previously, Member of the Central Committee of the Institute of Public Accountants
- Honorary Member of Israeli Bar Association
CPA Lehavy contributes to the credibility of Doron Tikotzky Kantor Gutman Cederboum and is a wonderful asset to the young, dynamic team of attorneys and paralegal staff.
John Harris Adv. – Leading Expert in Maritime Law
John Harris having graduated from the University of Cape Town with the degrees B.A. LLB, practiced law in South Africa before immigrating to Israel in 1970. Upon re-qualifying as a lawyer in Israel, he joined the Haifa legal firm, S. Friedman & Co. where he was active in the practice of all aspects of Maritime Law, in particular chartering matters where he headed the firm’s Chartering Department.
In 1977 he left Friedman’s office to open up his own practice, John Harris & Co., the firm rapidly established for itself a reputation as one of the foremost maritime legal firms in Israel.
John Harris and his firm consistently receive unsolicited accolades and “foremost practitioners” awards from leading independent rating organisations. During this last year his firm and he personally, received top tier ratings from Legal 500. He was designated by Corporate Intl as the leading maritime lawyer in Israel. He was also shortlisted for Lloyds List’s “Maritime Lawyer of the Year” for the Middle East and Indian sub-continent in 2013.
He is an Associate Member of the London Maritime Arbitrators Association.
John Harris is regularly invited to lecture at international maritime law conferences and seminars.
The maritime law family tradition continues with Adv. Yoav Harris, a partner and head of the Maritime Law department of the international law firm, Doron Tikotzky Kantor Gutman Cederboum.
Adv. Yoav Harris graduated with distinction in 1999 from the Law Faculty of the Haifa University. He is a “court” lawyer and has contributed to the establishment of Maritime Law precedents in the Israeli Supreme Court, the highest Court of Appeal. He handles a broad range of Maritime Law cases. He is a regular contributor on Maritime Law matters to the leading Israeli shipping publication – “Cargo” and to the international Arbitration publication – “Arbitration Watch.” He was also a member of the Haifa University group, which presented a “working paper” on behalf of the University to the relevant Regulatory Authority on the granting of licences for the exploitation of Israel’s newly discovered off-shore gas fields in relation to the “economic” area boundaries of Israel and other countries in the region.
John Harris & Co. and the Maritime Law Department of Doron-Tikotzky comprise a combined Maritime Law group and represent prominent ship owners, operators, managers, charterers, slot charterers, ship agents, freight forwarders, P&I Clubs, and off-shore natural gas installations supply and maintenance vessels.
Overseas clients, either directly or through their maritime lawyers comprise a substantial part of the group’s clientele.
John Harris and Yoav Harris are the authors of the article appearing in the Shiparrested.com website on shiparrest in Israel.
Get more information!